At Radius CBD we've seen it time and time again. Health consumers turn to CBD (cannabidiol) from hemp to alleviate just one single life-disrupting symptom, quite frequently as a last resort. All too often, today's OTC (over-the-counter) and Big Pharma medications have failed them or caused harmful side effects which are often worse than the symptoms they are intended to treat. For most of the last century, we've learned not to expect too much from any single medication. We've been programmed to expect that one pill is for pain, one is for anxiety, another induces sleep, while yet one more manages depression, and all of them come with long lists of debilitating side effects and adverse reactions.
CBD is changing all that.
New CBD users can expect much more, and as we'll see, with CBD a little goes a long way with benefits far beyond alleviating a single troublesome symptom. A recent 2017 survey published at Forbes revealed that nearly half of those who try CBD stop taking traditional medications altogether. Here's why.
CBD: Expect More!
Most frequently, new CBD consumers are seeking relief from chronic pain or persistent anxiety. After commencing a daily oral regimen of essential CBD they soon discover that not only is their chronic pain or anxiety reduced, but they're eating sensibly, sleeping soundly, and enjoying a sense of elevated mood and general wellbeing that they'd never anticipated. Athletes are able to train longer and harder and recover faster after intense competition. Professionals enjoy enhanced concentration and improved clarity of thought.
These numerous positive effects occur because CBD works in harmony to supplement the body's own supply of naturally generated cannabinoids (endocannabinoids) for use by the endocannabinoid system (ECS) found in all humans and mammals. The ECS is an intricate network of neurotransmitters and cannabinoid receptors located in the brain and throughout the body. Centered in the vital limbic and paralimbic regions of the brain the ECS controls the most important processes including:
- pain control
- inflammation response
- immune response to disease and infection
- muscle control and coordination
- cognitive thought
- brain cell and nervous system health
With many formulated drugs, our bodies quickly build a stubborn tolerance which reduces their effectiveness. CBD stimulates the cannabinoid receptors of the ECS naturally to address the underlying causes of symptoms by supplementing the natural supply of endocannabinoids already present in the body, so tolerance, addiction, and overdose are not a concern.
All The Benefits of Internal Dosing With Radius CBD Capsules and Tinctures
When taken internally by capsule or with a few drops of tincture under the tongue, a little CBD goes a long way. Tinctures will work more quickly because CBD is absorbed faster under the tongue and effects may be noticed in as little as 20 minutes. Capsules may take a little while longer (30-40 minutes) because they have to be processed by digestion to be absorbed in the bloodstream. The same delay occurs when tinctures are added to food or beverages. Vaping CBD oil provides the fastest results but the effects won't last as long.
With Radius capsules or tinctures, new CBD users can start small and work their way up in increments to find their individual optimum daily dose and enjoy the full range of CBD benefits including:
- Pain relief (analgesic action)- CBD has potent analgesic (pain-killing) properties, especially for difficult-to-treat conditions such as migraine, fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, multiple sclerosis, and other opiate-resistant pain conditions.
- Reduced anxiety (anxiolytic) action- Research in human (clinical) studies shows strong evidence that CBD in 300-600 mg doses is effective at reducing anxiety in conditions including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD), Panic Disorder (PD), and Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD).
- Elevated Mood Without Mental Impairment- CBD is the non-psychoactive cannabinoid of the Sativa L cannabis family. While CBD will not induce the intense short-term mental high that THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) from marijuana causes, it does slow the breakdown of the beneficial endocannabinoid anandamide, the natural mood-elevating enzyme produced in the body. CBD also enhances anandamide signaling which provides a potent antipsychotic effect.
- Better Sleep- CBD demonstrates a known sedative effect in doses ranging from 600 mg to 1500 mg. Scientists believe that there is an overlap in CBD's therapeutic actions, attributing its sleep-enhancing property to reduced pain and anxiety. This ensures that the deepest rejuvenating cycles and REM sleep can be achieved without disruptive waking throughout the night.
- Better Injury Recovery and Physical Performance- CBD is a favorite of athletes and fitness trainers because it controls cortisol levels which can reduce muscle mass and recovery. In 2018 the World Anti-Doping Agency dropped CBD from its prohibited substance list, enabling many professional and Olympic athletes to use CBD for training and as an alternative to addictive opioids for pain management.
- Antioxidant Benefits- We've all heard of the damage that oxidative stress can cause. Oxidative stress can lead to cardiac (heart) dysfunction, inflammation, cell death, stroke, and many of the other debilitating effects of aging. CBD is a superior antioxidant, providing vital "donor electrons" in even more abundance than the super antioxidants vitamins A and C.
About Radius CBD
At Radius CBD we supply informed health consumers with the highest quality lab-tested CBD capsules and tinctures to ensure that you can benefit from the full range of therapeutic actions that only internal CBD dosing can provide. We use only the best organic US-sourced industrial hemp in compliance with the 2018 Farm Bill and our competitively priced Radius CBD products are fully legal in all 50 states.